Swiss Chard, Red kidney Bean and Tomato Soup - Vegetarian Gourmet
This is a hearty and satisfying soup full of chopped fresh swiss chard and beans. I love using fresh swiss chard when it is in season, it adds so much flavour to anything you put it into!Add Favorite
- 1 Tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Minced
- 1 Carrot, Diced
- 1 Bunch Fresh Swiss Chard
- 1 28 Oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jalepeno Pepper
- 8 Cups Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans, Strained and Rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First separate the stems from the leaves of the swiss chard.
- In a pot over medium high heat add the vegetable oil with the onions, garlic, and jalapeño (if using) and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, swiss chard stalks and tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the beans, swiss chard leaves, salt and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes and serve.