Roasted Tomato and Garlic Crostini - Vegetarian Gourmet
In this recipe, I am using roasted garlic as a vegetable on its own! The sweet, tender morsels glisten on top of the bites of perfectly roasted tomatoes and crispy bread.Add Favorite
- 3 Large Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Head Garlic
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to Taste
- ½ Baguette, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C)
- Prepare the garlic for roasting: Take the entire head and cut off about ½ an inch off the top, just exposing the cloves. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Combine the tomatoes, oregano, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. Spread in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Add the aluminum wrapped head of garlic in a corner of the baking sheet.
- Just before serving, toast the baguette slices until slightly crisp.
- To assemble, place a couple of pieces of roasted tomatoes on each baguette slice and remove the garlic from the aluminum foil and squeeze out some beautiful soft roasted garlic cloves on top.