This is a delicious tomato based soup, with fresh leeks and other veggies. I find adding rice makes it a hearty meal!Add Favorite
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Carrot, Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 2 Medium Leeks, Sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Peeled and Minced
- 1 Fresh Chilli Pepper, Minced (Optional)
- 1 28 Oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and add in the onion, carrot, celery, leek, garlic, and chilli (if using) and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add contents of the can of diced tomatoes to the pot. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the tomatoes break down slightly. Add in the vegetable stock, rice and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes longer, until the rice is cooked.
- Mix in the lemon juice and dill.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.