I find this soup to be extremely comforting and hearty! The deep flavours of mushrooms bring this soup to life, and with the added healthy grain barley, this soup is a super meal!Add Favorite
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Chopped Greed Cabbage
- 16 Oz. Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Barley
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- In a pot over medium heat, heat the oil and add in the onions, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the cabbage and mushrooms, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Now it is time to add the barley and stir well. Add in the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low for about 20 minutes, until barley is cooked.
- Add in the fresh parsley and balsamic vinegar.