A hearty and delicious sandwich treat!Add Favorite
- 1 Tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Oregano, Chopped Finely (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1/2 Cup Ground TVP
- 2 Cups Mixed Beans (any mix you like)
- 1 Tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. each Salt and Pepper, or to taste
- 2 Large Avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 4 Large Tortillas
- In a Saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic with the vegetable oil until soft. Add the bay leaf, oregano, thyme and jalapeño pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, vegetable stock and TVP. Mix well, making sure to scrape off all the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Now add the beans, soya sauce and balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the burritos: Place one tortilla flat on a work surface. Place a large scoop of the bean mixture in a line along the centre making sure to leave about an inch on top and bottom empty. Top with a few slices of avocado and sprinkle with some grated cheese. Fold over the top 2 ends towards the centre and from the right roll the tortilla over itself to close. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients, leaving over about half a cup of the grated cheese.
- In a frying pan over high heat, place the assembled burritos side by side and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.