There's a reason this is such a popular vegetarian sandwich - it's really good! In this version, I grill my favourite veggies, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and peppers.Add Favorite
- 1 Medium Onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 Small Eggplant, sliced
- 3 Large Portobello Mushrooms, cut into large chunks
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 5 Sundried Tomatoes
- In a large bowl combine the onion, eggplant, portobello mushrooms, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the vegetable mixture on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for 35 minutes, tossing after 15 minutes.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and place both halves in the oven at 400 for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread a thin layer of the dijon mustard on the bottom slice of the baguette. Top with the grilled vegetables, sundried tomatoes and basil leaves. Top with the other half of the baguette.
- Cut the sandwich into quarters and serve.