Creamy kale Soup topped with Kale Chips - Vegetarian Gourmet
This is a great soup to serve as a first course if you want to really impress company! The delightfully creamy soup is topped with an unusual soup topper- kale chips. They add a slight crispness in every bite that brings this soup to a whole new level! The soup can be prepared a couple of days in advance, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Just before serving heat the soup and top with the kale chips. If you prefer you can also pass around the chips and allow guests to top their own bowls as they please.Add Favorite
- 1 Tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Small Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 ½ Cups Fresh Kale, large stems removed and roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill, chopped
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 Cup Kale Chips
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat up the oil and add the onion, garlic, potatoes, nutmeg and a large pinch of each salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the kale and vegetable stock or water and mix well. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Allow to cook for about 20 minutes more until the potatoes are very soft. Add in the dill and mix well.
- Remove the bay leaf and process in a blender until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- When serving top each bowl with a few kale chips.